Awesome App - Lit Leveler

Today I'd like to share an app that has saved me lots of time and was well worth the $3.99.

This app instantly levels your books!  It also keeps a record of all the books in your library.

Next year, our district will change our reading program over to more formally follow Lucy Calkins reading workshop.  Since we have already adopted Lucy's writing workshop, I am hoping for a smooth transition and lots of clear connections between reading and writing.  I have always worked hard to provide connections for my students, but I am hoping they will be more "effortless" now.

Image result for lucy calkins reading grade 2

As a part of this program, I needed to level my entire library.  I have hundreds and hundreds of books, so the thought of this was definitely overwhelming. 

Enter: Lit Leveler

This a great app for leveling books and tracking our library.  All you need to do is open the app, hover the screen over the ISBN number, and you will see the book level on the screen like this.  Once the book is scanned, you can save it to your library and even add notes.

This app instantly levels your books!  It also keeps a record of all the books in your library.


This app was so easy to use that I had my two student librarians level my entire library.  All my books were leveled before the end of the school year.  This saved me so much  time!  I had students write the level of the book on the inside cover.  My fourth grade library was organized by author's last name, but I will switch that to organizing by genre.  I already had some of my sweet students volunteer to come in over the summer and help with this task.  I am looking forward to taking them up on this offer.  

Another cool feature of this app is that you can search all of the titles into your library.  I now have a list of all my books that I can search by title, author,Lexile, DRA, or guided reading level.

This app instantly levels your books!  It also keeps a record of all the books in your library.

Do you have a leveled library? 

Thank you!

Mary

1 comment

  1. I love your new Blog look and name! I've been looking for a better leveling App for a while so I downloaded Lit Leveler and I'm going to give it a try. Only two more days of school so this is perfect timing for me! Enjoy your summer Mary!

    Susan

    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top