Monday Made It

I hope everyone is enjoying the first official day of summer!  It's super hot here in Columbus, so it was the perfect afternoon to finish up a few projects.  Today, I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her awesome linky, Monday Made It.


I have four "Made Its" to share with you today.


The first thing I made is a "Welcome Back!" banner for the beginning of the year.


This banner is a freebie on my Facebook page.  If you would like to purchase a full set of editable pennants, you can click here.


I'm really excited about some changes that I plan on making to my reading program next year.  I have completed quite a bit of reading about reading workshop in the primary grades.  There seems to be a recommendation that students always have 5-10 books readily available to provide choice in what they read/reread each day.  I really like the idea for students to take turns to go "book shopping".  That way, most of the class will always be reading, and students will always have a stash of books handy.  A structured schedule will also help me prepare for conferences with those students who need help selecting "just right" books.

In order to track my book shoppers, I created this system.  



I also used my new set of numbers to make a "Pick Me" can.  I was inspired this pin by Fifth in the Middle.  Diane attached two containers together so numbers could be moved as they are called and not repeated.  That way everyone gets equal turns.  

Use empty Crystal Light containers to create a name stick holder.:

I used 2 Viactiv containers to hold the numbers.  I hot glued them together and secured them with purple Duck Tape.  

Here is how it turned out. 



I also made a larger set of numbers.  I will use this set to track my daily helper.


I put all of the signs from this post on a Google Slide.  You can download them by clicking the pink button below.  


Click here if you are interested in purchasing the colorful pack of numbers (includes both types).

Now, I'm off to see what everyone else has created.  Thank you, Tara for hosting this linky!

Have a great week!
Mary

8 comments

  1. Wow! You have gotten lots done!! Thanks for linking all that fun up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post. I tried to click on your pink button, but it would only let me pin it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure why the button did not work, but here is the direct link.
      https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uGt35ffFIZI5U4WLV9Jv_tODrkHPrs2VgrtU-BWpTic/edit#slide=id.p

      Mary

      Delete
  3. Wow you've been busy! Great ideas, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Book Shopping! I sometimes have to ask my kids to empty their backpacks because they have stored too many books like little squirrels. I can't be too mad about that though. I love everything you've worked on!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for book shopping! That's something I struggle with, especially with morning and afternoon classes both getting books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book shopping chart is a great management tool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your book shopping chart! I may have to make something like that myself. Thanks for sharing :)

    Fantastically Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top